Online Registration Renewal
Almost 100 plates now available for Online Renewal
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I transfer a vehicle?
- Can I get a replacement title?
How to check my previously paid Motor Vehicle Taxes?
- You need the VIN, which is found in one of the following locations:
- On the dash of your vehicle.
- On the vehicle title.
- On your registration.
- VIN Lookup
Process to Apply for a Personalized Plate
- Go to drive.ky.gov and select the plate style you would like to personalize.
- Check to see if you personalization is available.
- If available, you will submit an online pre-application to the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL).
- A committee within MVL will approve or deny your request.
- If approved you must bring your pre-approval form and application to the County Clerk to process your application at that time you will pay the $25 fee.
- The plate will arrive at the County Clerk’s office within 4-8 weeks. Be sure to bring in your current plate to exchange for your personalized plate.
What do I need to bring to the County Clerk’s office to renew my registration?
- Kentucky Certificate of Registration (Full Size White Sheet Certificate of Registration).
- Current Original Insurance Card Copies of Cards are Not Accepted.
- Effective Date must be within 45 days of your renewal visit.
- Check, Cash, or Card for Payment.
- If you use a debit/credit card there is a processing fee of 2.75% of the total with a minimum charge of $2.75
Where do I obtain a vehicle inspection form?
- The County Sheriff’s Office currently performs vehicle inspections.
- Sheriff Inspections are required for any motorized road vehicle transferring in from out of state and for rebuilt vehicles.
- Find out what you documents you will need for an inspection and why you would need one at the County Sheriff’s website.